Work With Us
We are always looking for dynamic, passionate individuals to join our team. If you are interested in working with us, please send a resume and cover letter to gro.sdik-incnull@ofni or click here (Idealist and Great Non-profits ) to view current employment opportunities.
Volunteer With Us
Many of our programs are made possible only through the hard work and dedication of talented volunteers and docents; and we have endless opportunities for volunteers of all kinds.
- Lead Nature Walks: Docents lead weekday hikes for inner city youth in grades Pre-K to 3rd in various natural parks around Los Angeles. We look for energetic people who enjoy the outdoors and natural sciences, love teaching children and want to give back to their community. No experience is necessary and the rewards are endless! You’ll meet new people, learn about the natural history of Los Angeles and enjoy the outdoors regularly.
- Learn more about our Nature Discovery Program
- Attend our docent training. There’s more information below, or get in touch.
- Office Volunteer: Want to help CNI in the office? We rely on talented volunteers in many areas of our non-profit organization such as administration, education, research, communications, events, public relations, marketing, community outreach, member development, and technology. Get in touch at gro.sdik-incnull@reetnulov or call 213 746 2966 x 101.
- Meet our current volunteers
If you have a love for nature and would like to share your passion with young children, CNI will train you to be their guide. Prior experience is not necessary. We offer various trainings including ‘Build a Backpack’ seminars, ‘Docents Leading Docents’ activities and ‘Safety on the Trail’ talks to prepare you for your nature walks. In addition to tour in-house trainings we provide we provide offsite training with some of our partners including the MRCA and Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County .
For more info contact our volunteer coordinator at gro.sdik-incnull@reetnulov .